Thanks for using Arithmix. Our goal is to help individuals and organizations to model and analyse data. As such, we take very seriously the respect and protection of your privacy and security. We are committed to following and continuously evolving best practices to support this principle.
What Information We Collect
What types of information we collect from you depends on how you use the Site, what features of the Site you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, and when you administer your account
- Input information or data into the Site, or post or upload Content to the Site
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media
- Contact us for customer support or technical support
- Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
- Interact with other Site users and guests on our community forums
- Integrate third-party products and services with your account
Information related to the creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as a customer or end user of the Site is what we call "Customer Information." Customer Information may include certain "personal information", such as your name, email address, gender, postal address and phone number. It also may include payment information, such as payment method, credit card information, and any contact information (such as name and postal address) associated with payment billing information. If you are an end user using the Site through an account created on your behalf by a customer (such as an employer, organization of which you are a member, or another individual), we may collect and process Customer Information about you on behalf of the customer with whom your use of Site is associated.
When you create an account, we may collect certain Customer Information directly from you or, if you create your account using a third-party service (such as Google or a single sign-on service such as Amazon Cognito), we may collect Customer Information about you from the third-party service (such as your username or user ID associated with that third-party service). By choosing to create an account using a third-party service, you authorize us to collect Customer Information necessary to authenticate your account with the third-party service provider.
One of the core aspects of the Site is that you can upload information, data, content, formulae, amongst other things. We call anything you upload through the Site "Content." You (and anyone who can interact with your use of the Site) ultimately controls the nature of the Content, and our collection, use, and disclosure practices with respect to Content are separate from those with respect to other sorts of information we collect, including Customer Information. As explained in detail above, we may also upload Content automatically with your authorization from third-party service providers (such as from your Google Drive).
Information collected automatically through your use of the Site
We reserve the right to collect information about how you use the Site and your actions on the Site, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type), pages or features of the Site used and associated dates and time stamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Site. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information would be collected through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, session replay scripts, and similar technologies ("tracking technologies"). We may also work with third party partners to employ tracking technologies.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to the Site that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Site;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using the Site. This may include identifying you when you sign into the Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on the Site or on third party sites.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, please see "Managing Your Information," below. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Site, as some features may not work properly.
In some cases, we may collect limited location information. For example, we may use Google Analytics to convert your IP address into a rough geolocation to understand in what areas our users are located and to improve and personalize the Site (for example, to display time data in the correct local time). For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Aggregated and de-identified information
We may collect information by aggregating and de-identifying other information. The aggregation and de-identification process prevents the information from being reassociated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual. We may use aggregated and de-identified information for a wide variety of statistical and analytical purposes.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and which features of the Site you use.
These purposes may include:
- Fulfilling our contract with you and providing the Site to you, such as:
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you
- Providing customer support or technical assistance
- Contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased, marketing the Site, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts
- Creating, managing, or administering your information and account, including identifying you with your account or the account of an customer
- Billing you and processing your financial information and other payment methods for products, features or services purchased
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of the Site
- Communicating with you about your account, activities in the Site and policy changes
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality of a service
- Providing the Site on behalf of our customers, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, and verifying customer information
- Processing applications and transactions
- Allowing you to register for events
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in "How we share information", below
- Analyzing and improving the Site pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Site, and other business analysis or research purposes
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Site to you and other users
- Securing the Site and our systems, and protecting your information and data
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Measuring interest and engagement in the Site and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration
- Researching and developing products (including marketing research), services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing the Site
- Developing new products and services
- Ensuring internal quality control
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Enforcing our terms and policies
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good
- Providing you with additional content and services, such as:
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and services that may be of interest, including new content or services
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information
- Marketing our products and services. We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law. If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information, or with your consent.
Specifically, we may use personal information (including those contained within the Customer Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Site). If you wish to change these instructions, either by request, by correcting, amending, or deleting information we may have collected about you, or by opting out of certain data collection practices, please see "Managing Your Information", below.
Use of Content
How we share information
Except as provided below, we do not share, disclose, or sell your personal information.
For a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the past 12 months, please contact us at email@example.com.
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent (for example, by posting Content and sharing, you consent to our sharing that Content with other users).
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Site, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing.
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Site that you’ve requested.
- With vendors we engage to help us with marketing and email campaigns, to advertise, gain insights, and perform analytics into how the Site is used and how they might be improved.
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of the Site business, assets, or stock.
We retain the information we receive for as long as you use the Site or as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, provide our services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
How we secure your information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Your Information
You have many choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details many of those choices, including how you can exercise rights you may have with respect to your information (including personal information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
When using the full release of the Site, you may access, correct, amend, or delete Content by accessing it within the Site. You control all Content you upload. Content you delete (including Content containing personal information) may be retained in internal structures, caches, archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history, or for other performance related reasons. For instructions on how to permanently delete Content from your the Site account, please contact us at email@example.com .Please note that permanent deletion of Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
When using the beta release of the Site, you may access, correct, amend, or delete Content by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed personal information; (vi) withdraw your consent; and (vii) request erasure of personal information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. You may be able to exercise some of these rights by logging in to your account. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in de-identified and/or aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or as otherwise required by law.
We will process your requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies – How to Opt Out
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Site.
Certain tracking technologies we may use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. Please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here and here. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker plug-in such as Ghostery.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in the Republic of Ireland, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers.
By using the Site, you agree to the transfer of information (including Customer Information, Content, and personal information) to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including the United States, for Arithmix, Inc to provide the Site. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any Content, you can legally transfer it to the United States or another country With respect to transfers of information out of the European Union (EU), we may process some personal information pursuant to data processing agreements that include the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about our data processing agreements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information from Children
In accordance with the Delaware Online Privacy and Protection Act, the Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 (or other age as required by local law) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us at email@example.com.